- Software complexity is constantly increasing, while at the same time businesses are pushing to maximize their profitability in the in the shortest time possible.
- As a result, creating new systems often involves using legacy modules that are migrated from older systems in order to minimize software testing and quicken product delivery. It also allows developers to apply quick fixes rather than follow design patterns.
- These factors can have a negative impact on the product and increase the risk of finding defects in the later stages of the development process. Subsequently, software testing is essential.
- Dynamic analysis is critical in supporting unit testing to detect runtime errors missed by manual testing. Collection, storage, and analysis of results is also critical to support large, team-based projects. Another critical aspect of automated testing is static code analysis, to discover bugs and security vulnerabilities that unit testing can miss.
- Parasoft dotTEST lets you take advantage of all these capabilities to make your code more reliable and efficient.
Parasoft dotTEST is integrated with Visual Studio, the leading IDE for developing .NET applications. Visual Studio has a longstanding history as being the best IDE in the .NET world. It makes writing code easier thanks to its IntelliSense features, good refactoring capabilities, quick fixes and other features that are useful for code editing.
It also provides several testing capabilities, including the ability to run static analysis and execute unit tests. All these factors make Visual Studio a very productive IDE; however, despite its range of useful functionalities, Visual Studio only scratches the surface on helping eliminate code defects. Parasoft dotTEST can help make a significant difference by minimizing the number of defects in the early stages of the development process, which helps you avoid the cost of fixing them in the later stages.